Thursday, December 24, 2015

Photoshoot: One Direction by Sven Jacobsen


I never got around to making a post about how great Made in the A.M. is. Or Four for that matter... anyroad, if Midnight Memories was an homage to 70s/80s anthem rock, Four was a tribute to folky rock and roll (Clouds = Band on the Run= AMAZING), then Made in the A.M. is also like the second coming of Beatles/Fleetwood Max/Paul Simon/a 70s musical dream. For example, "Olivia" was actually written in Abbey Road with strings, but no trumpets much to Harry's dismay, and sounds like late Beatles. "I Want to Write You A Song" reminds me of "Two of Us." "Temporary Fix" is like a prequel to my personal Four fave "No Control." "What A Feeling" is Harry's homage to Fleetwood Mac.  Other great sing-alongs: Hey Angel, End of the Day, Never Enough, Love You Goodbye, Wolves, and A.M. Let's not forget heartbreak/romantic ballads: If I Could Fly, Long Way Down, Walking in the Wind (rumor has it Harry wrote this for his grandma). They also released an EP with singles: "Drag Me Down" the perfect song to listen to while getting ready to do anything, "Perfect" a big FU to Taylor Swift, and "Home" the most beautiful song ever?!  Ok, so basically I listed all the songs on the album,  but they are literally all masterpieces and I'm so of proud my boys; here's the photos they did for the album promo.























1 comment:

  1. I’ve read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a great informative website. outdoor portraits

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...